Sunday, February 3, 2008

Eisenhower said...

"You do not lead people by hitting them on the head - that's assault, not leadership."_ Dwight Eisenhower
I'm not an aggressive person, and so hitting someone on the head is the last thing I can be capable of! Nonetheless, I know for myself that it is only when someone inspires me that I become passionate about something. If you can inspire people about a subject without making them feel any compulsions or moral obligations, you can truly be regarded as an exceptional person.
So basically, I guess this quote gives me the strength to move forward towards a role of leadership.
And just a few more quotes to support the same idea:
"The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.''-Kenneth Blanchard
"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."- John Quincy Adams

No comments: